Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Question for the Kean Librarians

If you aren't familiar with the podcast, Welcome to Nightvale, than the assignment to go speak to the research librarians at Kean's library is a perfectly innocuous assignment that will either end with helpful information or, at the very worst, an hour of lost time.

If you are familiar with Welcome to Nightvale, you should understand the following image.


And, if you're not familiar with Welcome to Night Vale, here's your homework: Episode 1.

Anyway, I've made my appointment to meet with Kean research librarian Linda Cifelli on Thursday, October 12th at 2:45 p.m. I've thought about what I want to ask her, and I emailed her the following question:
I would like to learn more about finding public domain books online and/or about the copyright laws surrounding the usage of copyrighted texts for research purposes. My thesis is centered around using computer programs/tools in order to analyze literature, so you can see why it's important for me to understand fair use, and to know where to find public domain texts.
I'm interested to see what she can show me, and I'm hopeful that the Kean library will prove to be a valuable resource!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I Want Sin: Finding Personhood Amidst Technology in Young Adult Dystopian Literature

I am excited to announce that my thesis, "I Want Sin: Finding Personhood Amidst Technology in Young Adult Dystopian Literature," h...