Wednesday, November 15, 2017

I'm still here.

How do you write a thesis with no idea of what you want to write about? I'm floundering and I don't see any end to this struggle. If I graduate this program, it might be a miracle.

I'm scrapping all the work I have done up to this point because I'm no longer inspired. The only thing left that I care about is the literature, and I don't know what to do with that. I'm trolled the internet looking for ideas, Young Adult reading lists, trends in topic popularity, what kids look for in literature-- I've found interesting ideas, but nothing from which I can build a thesis.

Today I went back to the literature review that I wrote back in Writing Research, during my first semester at Kean. When I wrote that, I was still passionate about my topic, and I think I'm going to revisit my original ideas. I'll link my lit review here for the sake of context, but I think this is where I need to start again-- just me, the texts I love, and article talking about those texts. I do have ideas that I've explored further that I can rework into this format, but I hope this is where I start to find answers. If not here...where?

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1mBzgYppTjsXlr2RkAKP9wewrtuwqTrmVvAS3hTyRSPA/edit?usp=sharing

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Want Sin: Finding Personhood Amidst Technology in Young Adult Dystopian Literature

I am excited to announce that my thesis, "I Want Sin: Finding Personhood Amidst Technology in Young Adult Dystopian Literature," h...